Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Decision Made

Recently we spoke with our local RE (Reproductive Endocronologist) and a new RE in Colorado. Both had a lot to say.

Though CCRM (Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine) is one of the best in the country, they cannot give us better odds on an FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) cycle. This is because our embyros were not from one of their cycles or frozen in their lab.
We have decided to stay local for a few more FET cycles (we have 15 embyros frozen at day 1, and 4 additional embryos frozen at day 5). We are going to request some more testing locally (tests that CCRM suggested). And as long as those tests come out normal, we'll proceed here in IL.
Current RE gives us <30% chance of this working. We're taking our chances.

If, God forbid, these cycles don't work for us, we will be traveling to CO for a fresh IVF cycle.

We are looking at starting a new FET cycle in March.